Where do you fall on the spectrum of getting a good night’s sleep?
If you’re one of the lucky ones, you might nod off as soon as your head hits the pillow, and it would take nothing short of a calvary to wake you up. But if you’re like me and can wake up to a pin dropping, falling asleep and actually staying asleep might feel like a never-ending quest.
Snoring partner? Live in the city? Paper-thin walls? Yeah, noiseless sleep, forget about it… You’ve probably tried ear plugs, white noise, sleeping in a different room, all the solutions, but sometimes our active ears & brain can be too much to stay asleep.
Does that mean all hope is lost? Are you destined to constantly be groggy and sensitive to noise? Thankfully, the answer is no – there is a way to get a good night’s sleep and wake up ready to tackle the day: noise-canceling sleep earbuds.
Different from noise-canceling headphones, QuietOn 3.1 Sleep Eearbuds are incredibly comfortable and use Active Noise Canceling to reduce sounds with no EMF radiation.
If you’re ready for a full, peaceful night’s rest without noise, read on to learn everything you need to know about QuietOn’s earbuds, from cost to comparison to how they work.
- Active Noise Cancelation + passive noise attenuation technology is the only working solution for noise, including snoring.
- Super comfortable, lightweight, in-ear design with soft earpads that come in four distinct sizes.
- Tiniest product yet – so small that it doesn’t touch the pillow, ensuring comfort even for side sleepers.
- No connectivity means no risk of radiation through masking sound, Bluetooth, or electromagnetic field (EMF).
- QuietOn 3.1 has up to 28 hours of battery life after a single charge.
Best noise canceling earbuds for sleep: QuietOn 3.1 vs Bose Sleepbuds II
The key difference between QuietOn 3.1 and competing sleep earbuds is the active noise canceling technology with no connectivity. This reduces low-frequency sounds (snoring, home appliances, street noise, noisy neighbors) that ordinary passive earplugs can’t address while not exposing you to radiation.
Noise canceling earbuds: What is the importance of good sleep?
For one reason or another, everyone has experienced what it feels like to not get a good night’s sleep and how terrible it can feel the next day.
While not getting enough sleep once every once in a while isn’t really something to worry about, long-term sleep deprivation or lack of quality sleep can affect your physical and mental health and throw your circadian rhythm out of whack.
Proper sleep strengthens the immune system and helps with emotional balance. A properly aligned circadian rhythm is just as important to your long-term health as eating a healthy diet and getting enough exercise.
To break it down: Think of your circadian rhythm as an internal master clock. It helps regulate your physical and mental well-being, hunger cues, digestive processes, body temperature, hormones, and more.
When it’s in sync, you feel great and can perform to the best of your abilities. But if it’s out of sync, like when you continuously wake up throughout the night because of noise, you might feel sluggish and low on energy, hungry at weird times, or just downright shitty, especially if this is a frequent occurrence.
That’s why restorative sleep is so important. Quality sleep helps your body recover from the day prior while simultaneously preparing you for the next day.
Understanding noise frequencies
Noise frequency can be measured in Hertz (Hz). The lower the Hertz, the lower the frequency, and vice-versa. Humans have the ability to hear sounds between 20Hz and 20,000Hz, and both high and low frequencies can disturb your sleep and negatively affect your circadian rhythm.
- Low-frequency noises like snoring or sound vibrations through walls have a longer wavelength, making them more resilient and able to travel greater distances. This makes low-pitched sounds more disruptive with the ability to pass through materials (like walls or earplugs).
- High-frequency noises like alarm clocks, sirens, or babies crying have shorter wavelengths and can’t travel as far but are the first to be heard if you’re in close proximity.
While passive noise canceling devices (like foam earplugs) work fine for high-frequency noise, they don’t work effectively in the range where you need them most – low-frequency noise.
This is where QuietOn’s combination of active plus passive noise canceling comes into play – unwanted, low-frequency sounds are reduced by adding another sound specifically made to cancel it out, creating the optimal environment for sleeping.
What should you look for in noise-canceling earbuds?
If you’re shopping around for noise-canceling earbuds, there are a few things you need to consider.
- Earbud size: Everyone’s ear canals are shaped differently, so make sure to find one with different sizes to ensure the best possible fit for passive noise canceling. QuietOn 3.1 offers 4 different memory foam tip sizes: XS-L.
- Sound preference: Some might prefer to drown out noises with sound, as the Bose Sleepbuds do with sound masking, while some want complete silence, as offered with QuietOn’s active noise cancelation.
- No radiation: Especially if you’re wearing them all night, every night, you should consider less exposure to radiation like EMF or Bluetooth.
- Long battery life: You’d hate to realize your earbuds are dead just before you’re about to settle in. QuietOn’s batteries can last up to 3 nights of sleep between charges.
- Free trials or money-back guarantees: Everyone’s preferences differ, so you may not like how they fit or what you hear. QuietOn offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
QuietOn 3.1 Review: How effective is the active noise canceling?
QuietOn 3.1 is the world’s smallest ANC device that reduces sleep disturbances to deliver a quiet night’s sleep (without the worry of missing your alarm).
How do QuietOn 3.1 noise-canceling earbuds work?
The earbuds use wireless technology specifically designed to cancel out noise before it reaches your ears through active noise cancellation (ANC). The technology even eliminates noises in the low-frequency range, automatically generating opposite wavelengths to nullify the sound, resulting in a much quieter and more peaceful sleep environment.
QuietOn 3.1 pros and cons
- Active + passive noise cancellation blocks and cancels out external sound for the optimal sleeping environment
- Long-lasting battery life of 28 hours per charge, giving you 3 full nights of sleep without having to recharge the battery
- Includes 4 sizes of memory foam tips to accommodate different ear shapes
- Lightweight and portable
- Small size won’t touch the pillow during sleep
- No radiation through connectivity
- Cost may be too high for some consumers
- Not suitable for playing sounds like white noise or music
- Can’t cancel out every noise (although no ANC device can, that’s just the laws of physics)
QuietOn 3.1 Reddit reviews: What are other customers saying?
While we think the QuietOn 3.1 earbuds can make a real difference, we wanted to hear it from the masses.
There are thousands of fans of the sleep earbuds, but some really harped on the fit of the tips. It can take a few tries to find the right fit for the perfect placement to experience optimal noise cancellation, and some still said that the XS tip size was too large, but I suppose that’s where the 30-day money-back guarantee is optimal!
tl;dr – Are the QuietOn 3.1 earbuds legit?
QuietOn 3.1s are a unique product, so while slightly expensive, many users claim that they are worth it for the price. The technology to “break through the noise” can get you the rest you’ve been waiting for, and it goes the extra mile in terms of battery life and durability.
A few factors make the QuietOn 3.1 earbuds stand out, but the leading factor is having the best design for a quiet night’s sleep.
- Material: The ear tips are made of memory foam, which gently expands to make an airtight seal with minimal force to maintain overnight comfort.
- Custom-fit options: The ear canal width varies for each person, and QuietOn 3.1 offers earbuds in four different sizes to ensure the best fit: XS, S, M, & L.
- Smallest size: With three generations of earbuds for sleeping, QuietOn has created the smallest ANC device on the market today, making them the best choice for side sleepers or tossers and turners.
If you’re someone who’s extremely sensitive to noise, whether that’s a loud snorer next to you or the sound of your AC running in the next room, the QuietOn 3.1 earbuds for sleep can block and actively cancel the noise around you for a peaceful night’s sleep to get your circadian rhythm back to where it belongs.
QuietOn 3.1 Earbuds FAQs
Relevant in a lot of situations, the QuietOn 3.1 earbuds can provide the optimal sleeping environment for people who:
- Have a partner that snores
- Have noisy neighbors
- Are sensitive to home noises like AC or appliances
- Crave a quiet study environment
- Want to travel or be on transportation in silence
- Work the night shift and need to sleep during the day
- Need to stick to a strict practice/sleep routine to perform their best
Because your alarm is a high-frequency noise, you’ll be able to hear it through the QuietOn 3.1 earbuds. Make sure to turn up the volume of your alarm and test it before going to bed.
For comparison, QuietOn 3.1 is around 3x smaller than Apple Airpod Pros – small enough to fit in your ear without hitting the pillow as you shift and turn in your sleep. The battery life of 28 hours is exceptionally long for something that small.
In most cases, sleeping with earbuds is perfectly fine if you’re keeping them clean and taking the right precautions. Obviously, if they hurt your ear canal, you should consider other options.
If you’re prone to outer ear infections or even contact dermatitis, consult with an ENT specialist before getting started. The same holds true if you’re allergic to any of the materials the earbuds are made out of.
Aside from the medical standpoint, your QuietOn 3.1 earbuds should be comfortable and help you get the rest you severe.